We continue the review of the new features of Wave 2 for D365 Finance with a report that can be very useful: Trial balance with transaction detail. This report is based on the Electronic Reporting (GER’s) in which Microsoft is investing a lot of effort and, in my opinion, is the future of reporting for daily use of D365F as it is obtained directly in Excel and is fully intended for data analysis (although it is not related to this report, comment that the first similar report we had in the system was Asset Update of which I am a total fan and I recommend it 100%).
The report is included in Wave 2 of 2020, as it is included as a new feature of D365F, in order to generate it we must first activate the new feature Generate Trial Balance with Transaction Details Report in the Feature Administration workspace:
Once activated, we must import the following specific GER’s from the LCS repository:
Once imported, we can obtain the report from the path General Ledger > Queries and Reports > Trial Balance with Transaction Details. We have several options for generating the report:
• Transaction selection: recorded, pending or all. I highlight the option to include transactions pending to be recorded so that a report of provisions or unrecorded transactions can be generated to review them before closing.
• Set of financial dimensions: to include the dimensions needed showing the transactional detail by combination of dimensions.
• Dates: the maximum date range to select is 31 days.
• Record layers: current or other.
• Include or not opening and closing transactions
And we get the requested report:
In the case of generating it for pending transactions, the information is the same but without a journal entry number:
This report can be very useful during a month-end closing and for auditors’ data requests so I encourage you to enable the feature :) .
Other new Fixed Assets reports that use the GER’s, and that I like so much, you can see them entering the module:
Para poder generarlos debemos importar los siguientes GER’s from LCS:
And when generating them select the appropriate format for each of them, for example:
These reports are obtained directly in Excel:
I recommend using them!!!